Warranty & Repairs
Our warranty has been in effect for over 150 years. Any Boker product that is defective in material or workmanship will be repaired or replaced by us at no charge other than shipping and handling fees. Our warranty reads:
"Every Boker product is guaranteed to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the product to the original owner. If this item should fail under normal use, we will repair it or replace it at no charge other than shipping and handling fees with an item of equal or better value."
Warranty Frequently Asked Questions:
- All warranty claims MUST INCLUDE a $14.95 shipping and handling fee with each submission.
- WARRANTY is not valid on NON-USA Manufactured automatic Knives, or any other altered products. All non-USA manufactured automatic knives shipped here will be immediately destroyed. If uncertain about the origin of your Boker automatic knife, please call for clarification.
- Disassembly of any nature voids all Boker warranties.
- Missing, Lost, or Tampered with Stripped screws are NOT covered under warranty, this is a maintenance issue. Feel free to call service and we can try and help but no guarantees or promises are hereby made.
If you would like to send your Boker knife in for repair work or examination to see if it is covered under warranty, please note the following requirements.
- Name, phone number, and shipping address (no P.O. Boxes please).
- Email address is optional but preferred.
- $14.95 Shipping and Handling Fee. Visa, Mastercard, Discovery, check, or money order are accepted.
- NO REPAIRS WILL BE INITIATED WITHOUT ALL OF THE ABOVE (excluding email address), NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Any warranty or repair submissions sent without all of the above (excluding email address) will be destroyed sixty (60) days after receipt.
To help you better understand whether your product is covered under warranty, the following items are normally not covered under warranty, although exceptions do exist:
- Blade rusting, particularly on carbon steel blades.
- Blade breakage, especially after more than a year of ownership.
- Handle scales cracking or breaking.
Due to the Federal law barring interstate transportation of automatic knives, we are unable to return them when shipped to us, if they are manufactured outside of the USA. If we receive any non-USA manufactured automatic knives, we will have no choice but to dispose of them. Boker USA, Inc disclaims any liability for financial loss due to disposal of automatic knives.
For further information, please contact us at (800) 835-6433 ext. 121
Our mailing address is:
Boker USA, Inc.
Attn: Repair Dept.
1550 Balsam Street
Lakewood, CO 80214-5917
We do recommend you ship your knife to us via insured U.S. mail or through United Parcel Service so it can be tracked.
Warranty returns from Canada may incur additional charges due to customs fees.
Boker ceramic knives are very keen cutting instruments but are not intended for chopping or cutting hard items such as bone, staples, or frozen products and are not to be used for whittling. Also, care must be taken while cutting items such as fibrous vegetables and cheeses.
Please exercise caution when using ceramic bladed knives.
Due to their extreme hardness, which is why they do not need to be sharpened as often as a steel blade, they are brittle. Therefore, blade breakage or chipping is not covered under warranty. We do provide a sharpening service, which can get out most small chips in the blade and restore the original edge.
Do not attempt to sharpen your Ceramic knife on your own.
If you need to have your knife sharpened, please refer to the information below.
Send your knife to:
Attn: Ceramic Sharpening
324 S. Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90013
The charge for this service is $19.95 plus $10.00 for each additional knife in the same package. This service will take approximately 4 weeks.
Payment to Ross Cutlery must be in the form of a check or money order made out to Ross Cutlery. Please include a note with your name, address (no PO Boxes please) and phone number.
If you have any questions, please call (303) 462-0662 ext. 121.
If you wish to order parts from us, there may be a charge incurred. Please contact us to find out what charges apply, if any. Charges are as follows:
- Replacement clips and clip screws: $9.99
- Screw sets for Top Locks or Magnum BO series: $9.99.
- If ordering a number of shields/emblems, screws, etc., please include $5.00 to cover shipping and handling.
- Please note that we do not stock any Magnum by Boker parts for repairs.
- Please note that we do not sell/carry coil springs for automatic knives.
If you have any questions on our warranty, repair work, or ceramic sharpening, please call us at 1-800-992-6537 Ext. 121.
Boker USA granted to you as an owner of a Boker, Boker Plus or a Magnum knife a lifetime guarantee on material and workmanship. That’s the reason why we recommend you to register with us as owner of an original Boker knife.